Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Wednesday words

I've been super busy today. Had to leave at 7:30 this morning to drive to Louisiana for a meeting. A friend and I went together and it was really enjoyable if you don't count the morning chaos of trying to get everyone ready this morning.

I am the Chairperson for our Women's ministry at church and we've got a retreat next month at Cypress Bend Resort and my friend and I went to tour the place and finalize all the arrangements. They treated us to lunch and we had Natchitoches meat pies for appetizer, they really reminded me a lot of Russian Piroshki. I had a yummy Pontchartrain Snapper with shrimp and crab sauce, steamed asparagus and rice pilaf. My friend had Ribeye steak with the asparagus and rice pilaf. It was all delicious.

Then we drove home for the 1 hr. 40 minute drive. It's a gorgeous but hot day today (90's still).

When I got back to town I had to stop by hubbie's office to sign some bank papers on our new construction mortgage then to get D from school.

From the adoption agency, I got the e-mail with the documents I need to update our dossier with. So I'll start working on those tonight or tomorrow and we'll get them sent off to Austin to apostille. It's only 4 or 5 things so no big deal.

There are rumors that another batch of agencies are about to hear some good news soon. Our agency has no idea if they're in this batch or not, so I'd think it's not likely. It seems that agencies usually are knowing a little before the official news comes out. So, we'll see. I'm still thinking end of October. Fingers crossed.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...