Friday, October 12, 2007

The day the judge said "Da"


We have been talking this week about today being our family day - the day the judge said "Da."

D has known her adoption story since the day she came home, but I think she is really starting to understand. I think losing Viktoria has helped her understand the process a little more and that she is thankful to have her family more because of it.

She asked last night, as we were snuggling before bedtime, if she could wear her Russia Dress to school today since it is the day the judge said "Da" and we celebrate this day. I was afraid it would get messed up, but said I would ask Daddy. He said, "Well, if it gets messed up, it gets messed up. If she wants to wear it I think we should say yes." Of course he is right. The dress can be replaced, but her "owning" her story is priceless and a wonderful step as she grows.

So, here's our beautiful girl - six years later!


Spasiba, judge Alexander Petrovich Kachanov.

Spasiba Bolshoi!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...