Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Little Girls' Tights Hanging in the Laundry Room

A few minutes ago, I turned around and this is what I saw. Little Girls' Tights Hanging in the Laundry Room. Even after 6 years 12 days since D came home, I am still caught anew with huge gratitude and thankfullness to see such everyday things in MY home!

We had 6 1/2 years of longing for a child. Those years went by quickly, even with the pain of yearning for a child. But the 6 years since D came home have flown by like the wind! I guess I'm nostalgic because my baby is about to turn 7- years-old in four days! Where did my baby go? Those tights used to be so much smaller!


Sometimes Hubby and I will lie in bed at night talking and say, "Do you think all parents love their children this much?" I don't think so. I think so many take their children for granted. After such a long, hard road to even having a child at home-I pray that we will never for a minute take our child for granted. I never want to lose this gratitude and thankfullness to God for bringing us to our child.


I hope I'll be blogging (or whatever we will be doing in 2017) in 10 years about Teenage Girl car-keys on the counter and being ever still thankful that I have a teenager.


It could happen.


Don't laugh!


p.s. You can see my funny mobile home laundry room in this picture with the sideways washer! Oh how grand it will be to have our new house - all the more thankful I'll be for it!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...