Friday, January 18, 2008

January 18

Today is Viktoria's third birthday. It's hard to believe she is already 3 years old! I think she'll forever be 20 months old to me. That's how old she was when we visited her in October 2006. I've just prayed that her new family is celebrating her life as it should be with a special birthday pie and some sweet gifts.

It hasn't been as hard as I expected, just a little melancholy. I think it is good that we've had this time to heal before bringing a new child home.

Speaking of home . . . nothing was done at all on the new house all week. Nothing. We did go to the brick yard today and choose the hearthstone for our fireplace. We'd chosen the facing stone a couple months ago when we chose the brick, but we didn't realize we needed to choose seperate hearth stone. The town where we had to go choose it is about 30 minutes from our town and it snowed all the way there! This is very unusual for our area! Of course it didn't stick, but it was fun to drive through, especially for D. We learned that the bricks will be delivered on January 28! Yay! So that MUST mean they plan to install windows next week! I don't like these no work weeks.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...