"Ummm, I thought this blog was supposed to have something to do with adoption, but it just always seems to be Bob the Builder gone awry."
Well, my friends there has been very little going on adoption wise for us. We did finally send our dossier documents off to Austin last Friday and I 'got to' check the Fed-ex website for a tracking number again. The Secretary of State received it this morning.
Other than these documents, our dossier is ready to go as soon as accreditation comes. Our agency has only one more signature left and then the final sign off from the Ministry of Education. It should be any day (((any day))) (((any day))) .
I've pretty much been in adoption detox for the last 6 months. It's almost as if we're beginning a whole new adoption instead of just continuing this one forever and ever and ever. D and I were at WalMart the other day and I bought a new journal. It's red. D's adoption journal was just like it but pink. Viktoria's journal was just like it but rainbow colors. D knew immediately why I was buying it. She said, "is that my baby sister's new book?" So, she knows.
I haven't written anything in it yet.
I think I'm scared.
I AM beginning to have a fresh wave of excitement and anticipation. I think it is imminent now. Kind of like nesting. Ummm, we're building this baby a whole brand new nest LOL!
I am so glad we've had the house building to keep us occupied these last months. It has been a sanity saver for me. I figure the new home and the bringing of the new child into it all fit under the category of the Long and Winding Road to Home. It's all about Home.
So, hopefully you'll have some exciting things to read from us in the next months to come and I hope you don't get tired of looking at paint previews and carpet colors until the Adoption gets in full gear again.
I can feel it in my Mommy bones - we're about to begin again.