GOLD COAST - stunning beaches, exciting theme parks, sun-kissed locals, sophisticated lifestyles and lots of fun the whole year round. Gold Coast is a city in the Australian state of Queensland, 100 km south of Brisbane and 850 km north of Sydney. It is known for surfing beaches, high-rise dominated skyline, nightlife and many more.
Surfers Paradise is the most central and famous neighbourhood in Gold Coast - the best-known stretch of the Gold Coast and the perfect swimming beach. The crystal clear waters are always an invitation to take a dip. Though the sun is extremely hot during summer, the breeze is really cool and atmosphere is just amzing. It is a hive of all kinds of adventures, entertainment, night clubs, restaurants, luxury and sports.
I had the perfect opportunity to stay around the vicinity of Surfers Paradise. I stayed at the Azurra hotel, a newly-built hotel around the place. The hotel was just a stone throw away from the beach so that's made it more fabulous. You could walk in your swimming trunks or bikinis anywhere along Surfers Paradise neighbourhood. No fuss! No one would stop you..it's the trend and the lifestyle there. It was the most perfect beach getaway, sad to say I was a no-bikini-figure:) My regrets! I should have kicked my butt off and visited the gym religiously. But I would love to really go back to Gold Coast in the future. On the left is a picture of me with the background of a building named Q1, the world's tallest residential tower hope I'm right about it:) It looked absolutely stunning along the coastline facing the beach. You could have a 360-degree view of Gold Coast on top of this building. Sadly, though we didn't experience it.