Monday, September 27, 2010

Hong Kong Short Escape

Reminiscing memories of my Hong Kong trip way back in 2009, I have a perfect vision of a place so dynamic and full of energy. Hong Kong was my first ever travel escapade. I don't know why I chose this place but perhaps I have to blame it with my desire to see the most talked about Disneyland in those days. That's really silly but that's just me though. 





First stop of my itinerary was of course a 2-night accommodation at the Disney Hollywood Hotel. Well, it had an inclusive 2-day pass to Disneyland so I was really excited about it. The Disneyland was not as impressive as I had expected it to be. The rides, amusements and fun did not fulfill my expectations of a great theme park experience. It looked quite small and the thrill was just not there. But maybe for those young at hearts or so I call them little folks, perhaps this theme park was just about enough to fulfill their magical dreams. But what had impressed me somehow was the magical light and fireworks show happening at the Disney palace at the stroke of 7 o'clock at night. The palace was just marvellously enchanting and well worth the time to watch. 





So that's about my time at the Disneyland and on the next day, I decided to take a train ride to the city instead. So second stop of itinerary was the Avenue of Stars.  Initially, I was a bit skeptical about the place. I mean how marvellous can it be? But when I saw the Hong Kong skyline from the harbour, I was immensely captured rightaway. 



Avenue of Stars is a place to pay tribute to outstanding professionals of Hong Kong's film industry. Located at the Tsim Sha Tsui along the Victoria Harbour waterfront, it is modelled on the Hollywood Walk of Fame but giving it an Asian twist. There are handprints and signatures of famous Hong Kong actors such as Jet Li and Jackie Chan on sidewalks and pedestrian. There are also metal sculptures of Bruce Lee and film directors. It stretches for about 440 meters along the shoreline. 



The location on the Tsim Sha Tsui promenade offers incredible panoramic views of the famed Victoria Harbour and the memorable Hong Kong skyline. It was raining at night so we missed to watch the spectacular, mighty multimedia show 'A Symphony of Lights'. It is a light and laser show synchronized to music, with more than 40 buildings participating on both sides of Victoria Harbour. So that's just about it for my 3 days, 2 nights Hong Kong trip. Maybe next time, I should be more decisive of the places I want to see and visit.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...