I am joining in Pamela's Love Letter Fest. Here is my love letter...
Dear Love,
"Love does not make the world go round. Love is what makes the ride worthwhile."
This Valentine's day , I'm going to take us on a trip to a land not so far away. The road may be long and winding, interminable from where we are standing, but worry aside, it gets twisted through the green countryside.
We will cruise slowly along the rutted streets which are lined by hundreds of makeshifts shades interspersed with smoking garbage heaps. Pardon me love for such unscenic expectations but those are part of the adventure so I beg you to comprehend.
Hang on there for as we reach the tip of the island, our eyes will be awed by a long stretch of cerulean hue with white - crested waves rolling in and then receding with a whisper. The water glares silvery white in the midday while the sun cast a blinding golden light onto the wide expanse. The sea breeze is warm and the sand is powdery white and fine. We'll settle down under the shades of young coconut palms, with you beside me, I hold so dearly. We can hear whistling wind that sweeps past us and the splashing of waves on the rocks.
There are only me and you on this island. I'll tell you things that make you smile. I'll lend you my goofy hat maybe just for a while. Hang on there, I'll pour out a glass of gooseberry wine into this fragile glass that resembles exactly your vulnerably delicate heart. Cheers, so shall we say... I'll hold your hands... then you lean your head against my shoulder and in the distance, we will see few ships dotted the picturesque blue waters of the ocean. Squalls sweep across the vast waters in unison.
Hold on - I can hear you breathing slowly now - hang on there my love! Don't you wish to see the setting sun? You smiled bleakly but uttered no word. Time seems to have stood still. The silence is unnerving. I lead you to the shore, holding hands as we slowly traipse the shoreline and every step marks footprints in the sand.
The sun bids farewell for the day and I see love appears over the horizon. You try to open your mouth to speak but there is only a muffled cry in your throat. Your knees become weak and your courage starts to shrink. An irrational fear overwhelmed me, causing my heart to pound so fast that it may just leap from my mouth. Suddenly a wave of emotions sweeps over me. Unable to contain my feelings, my eyes are clouded over. Tears begin to fall and I resign to utter: "Don't you wish to see the sun rise again, my love?" But your lips are sealed... they look so dry, and your face turns pale... I can feel the difficulty you are bearing. Again, I hear no answer.
I try to open up my mouth to tell you something but before you can say 'Jack Robinson", your lips instantly pressed mine that they send electric shocks down my spine. I'm unconscious for the moment, unable to speak till I hear you say, "I love you". I'm surprised you have finally spoken. My jaw drops and my eyes wide open. So I continue to listen... "I will try to be with you till the last ticking seconds of my living moment. I'm in pain. I can no longer endure it. So before I give up my last breath, I wish to let you know that you make this Valentine's day special...but I have to go...
" Go", that is the last word I hear from you. And so I trace back all our footprints... there I sense they actually mean something. Two hearts that are binded together make up the love between us forever... I weep my love on Valentine's day! See you then when I see you in Heaven...
Loving you always,
Jorie
P.S. The love phrase above is by Elizabeth Barrett Browning