Saturday, March 19, 2011

Photo of the Day - Supersized Moon



Did you hear what's buzzing around you last night?

I had and I captured it right from the vicinity of the condominium I'm staying here in Singapore. What am I talking about? It's the supersized moon! Last night's moon was unique and was not at its usual size. And, I just learned that it was actually the biggest ever seen in 20 years. The last time it was sighted was in March 1993. Standing on the balcony of the 14th level of the building, the moon seemed near to me that I could almost touch it. The moon was actually 50,000 km closer to the Earth rather than being on the farthest point of its elliptical orbit. Pretty amazing thing and I will have to wait another 18 years to see it again. Cheers!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...