Here's a new way to spend your Saturdays when you visit my blog. I'm sharing idioms for fun! They may or may not be familiar to you but I reckon it's beneficial for everyone. So hop on and join me for a ride....
CONVERSATIONS
JR: He has the most atrocious manner ever I have encountered.
SJ: You can say that again!
1. atrocious - extremely wicked, cruel or brutal
2. You can say that again - I agree completely
JR: I think I might not have a bash at water-skiing while we're on a holiday in Bali.
BB: Don't be such a party pooper! It's terrific fun, once you learn it.
3. have a bash at - try
4. party pooper - someone who spoils everyone's fun
JR: We've been surfing the net round the clock. Let's go rollerblading!
Jim: Not on your life! I've never done that before. Why on earth would I want to risk a broken limb?
5. round the clock - day and night, without a break
6. Not on your life - never
7. Why on earth? - emphatic expressions of surprise or disbelief
Jim: I have just got this month's salary, but you know me - money burns a hole in my pocket - and it won't take long before I have spent it all.
JR: In a nutshell: you're the man! (laughing)
Jim: I'll give you half of it with no strings attached...
JR: Oh, silly you! (laughing)
8. money burns a hole in my pocket - tempted to spend money
9. In a nutshell - in a few words
10. with no strings attached - without conditions
Till we meet again....