Wednesday, December 1, 2010

My Very First Winter Trip!

Where am I going for that winter getaway?





It's not in Europe nor in America but in the vast continent of Asia!

Where specifically?

South Korea!

How about the tension?

I'll brave my butt off to face it!

Hahaha! I'll become part of history if war is really going to happen between the North and South Korea.

But of course I'll be praying really hard nothing will break out! I just don't want to consume all the negative news about the country right now! South Korea is a fabulous country and its constant tension between North Korea has been ongoing for already quite a long time now and the people there have already been used to it. Despite that, the country was successful in holding the 1988 Summer Olympics and the World Cup in 2002 which was jointly hosted alongside Japan.





NEW POSTER - Snowboarding "Indy Grab" Airborne 24x36I am excited that's all I know! This is my first time going for a winter holiday trip. And boy, do I have to say that it's going to be a really expensive trip for a first-time, winter holiday-maker, like me! I had been very busy shopping for winter clothes the last few days. From winter jacket, to sweater, long johns, gloves, boots, scarves, socks, etc. The list did not seem to end and the prices, extravagant! I had been doing malls hopping looking for suitable winter thermals and of course, those that were easy on my budget! It was fun nevertheless! Thank goodness the ski gears are provided. Huhu! This is definitely not my kind of holiday, expenses wise, not unless if I get to my destination and see it right before my eyes.





I love winter and I haven't tried it for real! So beat it, I'm going there before all the beautiful things in South Korea come to an end (that's 'if and only if..')! The brochure shows beautiful pictures of Nami Island, the filming location of the popular drama series 'Winter Sonata', the ever-loved Honeymoon Island of Jeju, the skiing and gondola ride fun-tasy in Mt. Sorak and the endless shopping in Seoul! I'm sure South Korea has a lot to offer.  And, my luggage are now packed and I'm so ready to go! Sparkling Korea here I come!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...