Friday, March 11, 2011

Travelidiom Fun Saturday

Here we go! It's Saturday once again folks and I am sharing idioms for fun to spark some giggles and a little smile on your face! Hope you'll enjoy these conversations....



CONVERSATIONS


JR:     I am trying my best but I can't hold a candle to you, AJ.


AJ:     Stop it, JR! You are beginning to sound as if you have a huge chip on your shoulders!


JR:     You always speak fluently and a lot of what you say is always over my head.


Jim:    You're telling me! I feel the same. Unlike Alan here who always speak gobbledygook!


Alan:   Apparently, I was on cloud nine when you said that Jim!


Jim:     Grrrrr!!!!


JR:      Hey guys! Nelieta's off to Russia again after just a week in London.


AJ:      Pull the other one! How come she's always living life in the fast lane?


JR:      Oh well, she's made a killing from being a travel writer and now she's a big fish in the travel        
industry. 




Jim:     Rumour has it that we are all going to get to follow her for her next trip to Hawaii.






Alan:   That is absolutely out of this world! I'm calling her now!


JR:      Alan??!!


Alan:   Ooppss!!!

______________________________________________________________________



Idiom's meaning:



1. can't hold a candle to you - not be as good as you

2. a chip on your shoulder - a sense of inferiority

3. over my head - too difficult to understand

4. You're telling me! - I agree!

5. gobbledygook - nonsense

6. cloud nine - very happy

7. Pull the other one! - expression of disbelief

8. life in the fast lane - an exciting and busy lifestyle

9. made a killing - made a lot of money

10. a big fish - an important person

11. Rumour has it - It has been heard

12. out of this world - unusually good; fantastic


This ends the travelidiom conversation this week. If you wish to see last week's conversation please click on this link Travelidiom Fun Saturday...



Till they meet again....  
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...